- find an atlas (or a website with maps) with a larger map of the United States (or whichever continent or country you want to "visit") and smaller individual maps of the states (or regions) that make up the larger area
- map out a trip across the larger area (for example, the U.S.) making a list of the states or areas you'll "travel through"
- for a daily plan, make notes...for each state... beginning with your starting point...
- of the roads (or other landmarks) that you would use to take your trip
- of the bodies of water in the state/area or bordering it
- of the adjacent states and their relationships to the state/area you're traveling though
- remember to have fun observing anything that you see
"...keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life."